Son of chef

Son of chef
Fair food

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Weight Watcher...


It is no secret that I am the Queen of butter, cream, bacon, ranch, and cheese.  My five food groups.  It is also 15 degrees outside, so I have been staying in my house eating nothing but this.  I may or not have put on a couple of pounds.  This will annoy me when it is time for tank tops and swimsuits.  I may have to lay off the bacon a little.  My mother and sister have both run into this predicament as well.  They just joined Weight Watchers, to give them a little boost for tank top season.  The reason my sis loves Weight Watchers is because you can still eat the things you love, just lighten them up a little.  So, I got to work on a few recipes to help them out.  The one meal my sister can't give up is a steak and baked potato loaded with all the good stuff.  Growing up my mom always mixed sour cream with a ranch packet and put it on baked potatoes.  It's like potato and ranch dip heaven.  So, I took that thought and ran with it.  I came up with twice baked broccoli ranch stuffed potatoes.  They only have 225 calories per serving.  I had my cousin over for taste testing and they were amazing, we stood in the kitchen eating half the batch and bragging that we had done Zumba for 30 minutes that day.  Whip these up next time you need a healthy side for your meal.

Broccoli Ranch Stuffed Potatoes
Serves 5 (4 potatoes each)
1 1/2          Pound        Bag of Baby Yellow Potatoes
1/4             Cup           Light Sour Cream
1/2             Cup           2 % Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
1                Cup           Fresh Broccoli, Steamed & Chopped Finely
1                oz              Package Ranch Dip Seasoning (for testing purposes I used Hidden Valley)
2                T               Olive Oil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Pour olive oil in a 13x9 inch baking dish.  Put in your potatoes and shake it all about until the potatoes are well coated.  Bake for 40 minutes.  Set aside and allow them to cool for 10 minutes or until you can handle them.  Cut off the very top part, being careful not to get much potato.  Scoop out the insides with a small spoon and place them in a mixing bowl.  They will be soft enough that you can mash them with a fork.  When you have mashed them add in the sour cream, cheddar cheese, broccoli and ranch packet.  Gently fold this together, then scoop it evenly back into the potatoes until they are all filled.  Put them back into the pan and bake 15 more minutes.  Allow to cool a couple minutes, then enjoy!  Love as Always, "Big K"




No comments:

Post a Comment