Son of chef

Son of chef
Fair food

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Cinnamon-Y

Spider-man, Buzz Light-year, and Jake the Pirate Oh My!!  These would be the three characters my son was for Halloween.  Costume addiction.  He hasn't gotten out of costume since Halloween.  He has also asked me nightly if we can go trick or treating.  Yes son, I am sure the neighbors would love that!  He thought it was the best thing EVER.  He marched up to each door, rang the door bell, and shouted TRICK OR TREAT as loud as his little lungs could muster.  He even sneered at the lady that passed out crackers.  I tried to apologize for his impoliteness, but in all honesty I was giggling too hard.  I'm a bad influence.  Candy or Bust.  When we returned he had a huge basket of candy and the biggest smile on his face.  Success.  Now, of course his fan club came with us.  My mom, sister, and brother in law.  They came over before for food of course.  I made a big pot of homemade chili and a batch of apple cider.  It was delicious.  The cider was perfect for the crisp weather.  Cinnamony, not a word according to spell check but I am going with it, aromatic and warm (spell check allows those...BORING).  Anyhow an easy and delicious way to warm up on Halloween, or on any cold night!

Big K's Cinnamony Cider
Filled 6 Mugs

64       Ounce       Jug of Organic Apple Juice
2         Large        Oranges, Cut into Rings
1/4      Cup          Brown Sugar
6         Each         Cinnamon Sticks
4         Each         Cloves
1         Tsp           Pumpkin Pie Spice

Put all Ingredients in a sauce pot and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer on low for 3 hours.  Strain through a mesh colander and discard fruit and spices.  Serve in mugs hot.  Breathe in that cinnamony aroma!  Enjoy!  Love as Always, "Big K"



No comments:

Post a Comment