Son of chef

Son of chef
Fair food

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Spin-Dip

In my last blog, I mentioned how much I love fall; with fall comes football season.  I'm from a family full of football fanatics.  My son even joins in, although he mostly wants to fit in and usually chooses a team as well (generally based on which color he likes).  Sometimes we differ on teams.  My dad and I had a heated conversation the other day over NFL football.  We love our favorite teams for different reasons, logical or not.  I like the Vikings and he likes Dallas.  My son sides with him because "purple is for girls".  Thanks son.  Regardless of team differences, we still like to get together to watch the games, eat food, and get rowdy.  If you know me I am kind of the queen of dips, so if you come over expect a couple of dips to happen.   I guarantee this one is great to bring to a game day party,  potluck tailgate or holiday party. It may become your favorite too, and even Viking and Cowboy fans can agree on this one.   

Spinach Artichoke Dip
Serves 8-10

2        8 oz Blocks          Cream Cheese, Softened
1        8 oz Tub               Sour Cream
1/4     Cup                      Green Onions, Chopped Finely
1        Tbsp                     Lemon Juice
1        Cup                      Parmesan
1        Tsp                       Salt
1/2     Tsp                       Fresh Ground Pepper
1        Tbsp                     Olive Oil
4        Cloves                  Garlic, Minced
1        5 oz Bag               Fresh Baby Spinach, Roughly Chopped
1        14 oz Can             Quartered Artichoke Hearts
1        Cup                      Mozzarella


Preheat oven to 350.  In a medium bowl fold together the cream cheese, sour cream, green onion, lemon, parmesan, salt, and pepper.  Set aside.  Heat olive oil in a large saute pan.  Toss in the garlic and spinach and saute until the spinach is wilted and tender.  Drain it in a colander for a few minutes.  Fold it and the artichokes into the cream cheese mixture until incorporated.  Pour it into a 8x8 baking dish.  Top it with the mozzarella and bake for 20 minutes or until golden and bubbly.  Let cool a few minutes, then dig in.  I like to serve mine with toasted naan or pita.  Yum!
Love as always, "Big K"




No comments:

Post a Comment